Friday, December 7, 2012

The words of a fortune cookie!

Here we go again! This time my mind is made up! A lot has been going on in my life since I last posted- I've moved twice, attended a friend's wedding, enjoyed watching a season of roller derby, hosted a few parties, decorated the new apartment, helped a friend with a Halloween party, had surgery, crafted, started a Project Life scrapbook, fallen behind on Project Life, and taken pictures...lots of pictures!I have photographed an engaged couple, my parents, babies, dogs, a set of high school seniors, and expecting mothers! I have read and reread my camera manual and started paying attention to what my camera is saying...it helps I tell ya! It has become so much fun and each shoot brings something different- a fussy baby, overcast skies, too bright sun, impatient/distracted dogs, light glares, and couples in love. I love the challenge of adjusting myself, my client, or my camera to get the look I want to achieve. People are beginning to respond to my work and I couldn't be more proud! But, if I'm honest about what finally set me to it were the words of a fortune cookie, "A new endeavor will succeed." Now, I'm not one to think a slip of paper baked into a fold of crispy, deliciousness can really tell what lies ahead, but it made me smile and think to myself, "Why couldn't it succeed? Hey! Why couldn't I succeed?!? This is something I love! I should just go for it!" So, at the start of this endeavor I am set to believe what lies ahead is: lots of hard work, lots of time behind the lens, lots of wonderful people to meet, lots of fun times, lots of relying on family and friends and lots of lessons to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment